Monday 16 June 2014

Nirvana - Enlightenment, your happy spot

Nirvana - Enlightenment, your happy spot

My experiences with nirvana - May 16th, 2014
I wanted to find my happy spot.  I read different articles about happiness, watched you tube videos about happiness.  One day I came across a video by a satsung group who were talking about a way of viewing life, this is what I got from the video.  I enjoyed what the speaker had to say, I thought it would be great if I could find a satsung in my area, I went on the internet on MeetUP which is a web site for finding groups and found an enlightenment group that I could join in my area.  We talked of different experiences of attainment enlightenment.  This blog is about my understanding enlightenment and my acquiring enlightenment one step on a time.
While at home and thinking about the viewpoints I had heard while thinking how happiness could apply to these viewpoints, I came upon the idea of achieving Nirvana for myself.
Part of the viewpoints of enlightenment was to understand the ease of achieving enlightenment with the understanding that 1, our thinking isn't important, 2 our thoughts are changing ongoingly, 3 our feelings are changing rapidly.  I decided to practice on a daily basis these 3 concepts.  When I had a thought that I didn't want I used the 3 concepts.  I found that just thinking of these concepts my thoughts and feelings changed.  I did this more and more many times a day.  One day doing this I found a feeling of happiness started welling up inside of me.  I could create this happiness which I call my happy spot many times a day which gave me a feeling of contentment and self esteem.  I later noticed that things stopped bothering me as they used to.  People could be as they wanted to and I wasn't troubled.  Things could happen in my life and I wasn't troubled.  Then I saw the ability not to suffer was at my fingertips.  The idea of not suffering overjoyed me, I also saw were I could attain happiness, joy, peace whenever I wanted to.  I saw that when I suffered over an issue it was I who was choosing to suffer, I who was creating a story about the issue that created my suffering.  I could suffer for 1 second or all day it was up to me.  At this point I felt very powerful,
For me nirvana is about not suffering, not creating suffering in  life.

9 comments:

  1. what has now come to light is my ability to feel a sense of love. At any time I can have a feeling of love well up inside of me, amazing.

    ReplyDelete

  2. this sense of love has me feeling serene, happy, confident.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does anyone else have similar experiences, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having challenges this week, being enlightened is the knowledge that challenges are a part of life, and dose not need to be suffered. Live in the knowledge that things change and this will pass. Feel the love :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So I was hoping to have an interchange of ideas on the topic of Nirvana, my blog has been up for more than a month without comment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nothing, nada, not a thing..........................................

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a need to write about my experience with becoming enlightened. By enlightened I am referring to coming to understand a way to be in this world worry free, at peace and happy.
    My reasoning for wanting to express myself in this way comes from items I see in the news and what people are talking about regarding these issues.
    Human beings are great story tellers. It is sometimes amazing to listen to the stories people tell. Mostly it is their view of things that happen in their lives or their view on things that are happening in the world. These stories tend to have a lot of worry, grief and upset. There are numerous events in life that are wonderful, inspiring yet we hardly hear about these things. There are numerous people doing wonderful things that we don`t know about.
    This is just my own need to make life livable.
    Here I am telling my stories, now I know I have a choise of what these stories mean to me and how I am going to allow them to effect me. Added to my story telling I have a habit of worrying. I know that I have a choise of how much worrying I will do if any. What I notice is that when I worry my story gets larger and with more emotion.
    I can choose what story I tell and how much if any I will worry about it.
    For me this is a biggy, the knowledge that I tell stories, stories that I fabricate by things I see and hear. Then I can have them grow by the things I think about, worry about. The bigger I make these stories the more upset I can get. The revese is also true, the knowledge that this is a story that I fabricate has me realize that I am also fabricating my upset. If I can fabricate my upset then I can also fabricate my well being. For me this is very important as this is the door to enlightenment an understanding as to how I am and how I can be.
    Now when I see myself telling myself stories and upsetting myself, I can stop, take a breath, create a space, create an understanding, distancing myself from my story allowing myself to see my story, my worry, my upset like I am watching it. This gives me the opertunity to choose how I am going to be. It is this space this distance that frees me to be at peace, doing this on a moment to moment basis I am able to create peace, happiness moment to moment, Taking up this practice of creating a space and distance, creating peace and happiness moment to moment allows me to live the life I choose. This in turn allows me to feel a sense of power and of knowing.
    There is in each of a this sense of power and of knowing that is a sense of understanding of enlightenment.
    This is my new story.
    Somehow I sense that if we could all create this knowing this power, we can put ourselves apart from the issues of our world and our lives and maybe from this space we can create a better life for ourselves and for our world.
    What kind of day do I want to create today, an inspiring day.
    The things I think about create how I feel, what emotions are playing in my day, what is driving me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have taken the liberty of posting this article to show why I think we as a people need to be aware of what the world order is all about and what we can do to create our lives.
    Taken from vimeo.com...........................The Shock Doctrine Naomi Klein


    In THE SHOCK DOCTRINE, Naomi Klein explodes the myth that the global free market triumphed democratically. Exposing the thinking, the money trail and the puppet strings behind the world-changing crises and wars of the last four decades, The Shock Doctrine is the gripping story of how America’s “free market” policies have come to dominate the world-- through the exploitation of disaster-shocked people and countries.

    At the most chaotic juncture in Iraq’s civil war, a new law is unveiled that would allow Shell and BP to claim the country’s vast oil reserves…. Immediately following September 11, the Bush Administration quietly out-sources the running of the “War on Terror” to Halliburton and Blackwater…. After a tsunami wipes out the coasts of Southeast Asia, the pristine beaches are auctioned off to tourist resorts.... New Orleans’s residents, scattered from Hurricane Katrina, discover that their public housing, hospitals and schools will never be reopened…. These events are examples of “the shock doctrine”: using the public’s disorientation following massive collective shocks – wars, terrorist attacks, or natural disasters -- to achieve control by imposing economic shock therapy. Sometimes, when the first two shocks don’t succeed in wiping out resistance, a third shock is employed: the electrode in the prison cell or the Taser gun on the streets.

    Based on breakthrough historical research and four years of on-the-ground reporting in disaster zones, The Shock Doctrine vividly shows how disaster capitalism – the rapid-fire corporate reengineering of societies still reeling from shock – did not begin with September 11, 2001. The book traces its origins back fifty years, to the University of Chicago under Milton Friedman, which produced many of the leading neo-conservative and neo-liberal thinkers whose influence is still profound in Washington today. New, surprising connections are drawn between economic policy, “shock and awe” warfare and covert CIA-funded experiments in electroshock and sensory deprivation in the 1950s, research that helped write the torture manuals used today in Guantanamo Bay.

    The Shock Doctrine follows the application of these ideas through our contemporary history, showing in riveting detail how well-known events of the recent past have been deliberate, active theatres for the shock doctrine, among them: Pinochet’s coup in Chile in 1973, the Falklands War in 1982, the Tiananmen Square Massacre in 1989, the collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991, the Asian Financial crisis in 1997 and Hurricane Mitch in 1998.
    Read More…

    ReplyDelete